Friday, December 18, 2009

Just a Quick Update

Hello Everyone! I still can't get pictures up....I have to load them onto my external hard drive and then plug that into the internet cafe computers....I'll hopefully do this sometime in January. I know it's frustrating not being able to see any pics, but believe me, I have many to share when the time comes.
We have one more week at CBT, and then we will be at the training center for the holidays and then off to my permanent site. I will be stationed in Leribe (the district) and Matukeng (The village...I'm not 100% on the village name). But I'm very close to a camp-town, which means I will have a grocery store, internet cafes, local fruits and vegetables and other things. I will be living in a rondoval with electricity, at least I hope I have electricity. The last volunteer had a refrigerator and a lamp at her site, so I'm assuming that means power too :)
Well, a PC frustration is happening. I just got told to go to the training center to get my allowance RIGHT NOW! We're always so organized (sarcasm). I'll try to write more soon!!!! LOVE YOU ALL!

7 comments:

  1. Almost done with training!!! Are you feeling ready for your permanent site? How fabulous would that be to have electricity?!?!

    I'm always so excited when you update! Thanks so much for keeping us informed when you have the time!!!

    LOVE YA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haley, soooo good to heare from you. I purchased another phone card last night but wont call until I have K.Sue with me! She needs to hear your voice! I'm officially on winter break and finishing shopping, not the same without you! But always glad to hear you are doing well,starting another package for you too so let me know what you need. love,love,love,U! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe you're practically done with training already. You're a PC MASTER now! We're going to have to send you stuff to plug into your fancy electricity since I believe everything you packed was battery operated and solar charged. You lucked out! I bet all the other volunteers are jealous. Your hut is going to be the happening place now. You've got a box of love headed your way, so hopefully it makes it there soon. Love ya Foofers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. holla! electricity! so great.
    glad you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Haley!!! Hope they do something special for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haley - so good to hear from you. Regan forwarded this blog to us. I hope your holidays were good. We rented a cabin up at Mt. Hood and will be taking the kids/grandkids up there to play in the snow. Do you get any snow there? I know it gets cold. Pete looked up where you are on "google earth" and read about it. Exciting times for you - thank you for what you are doing there. Love, Suzie & Pete

    ReplyDelete