Sunday, June 27, 2010

Kea Leboha Haholo


Kea Leboha Haholo~Thank You A Lot
I was motivated to write this blog the other day when I had two fellow PCV's come visit me. In the last month I have been blessed with MANY care packages from home. Other volunteers may say TOO many, but I'm a good sharer, so they should all be happy! The last time I went to the post office I had a total of 7 packages to pick up!!! Luckily my host mother had gone with me, so we paid an abuti (young boy) to carry the boxes to the taxi, and then once we got off the taxi at the top of my mountain we called my host brother to bring the wheel-barrow to get the parcels the rest of the way home. Walking through the village behind a wheel-barrow full of packages made me feel a BIT like a spoiled American....but what the hey!
Back to the point of this blog. The two PCV's who came to visit had a great time checking out all my newly acquired loot. Much of its origin being from my oh-so-supportive Grandfather. We munched on American foods and tried on my new winter clothes, while drinking our, not so delicious, Lesotho beers. Somewhere in the middle of it all we decided that Papa had earned a thank you card, not only from me, but from all the other volunteers who get to take part in these wonderful care packages. Being that we have A LOT of time on our hands, no television, and booze, we decided that a card wouldn't be enough. In true PCV fashion we came up with a nice rhyme that I'd like to share with you all now.

Papa your love engorges us all.
Pasta Roni we eat, so "Dudes" name we call.

Without all your goodies,
we'd be freezing in our cotton hoodies.

Looking good in our LL Bean,
though we don't bathe, we still appear clean.

Without all of your gifts we'd be too thin.
Please don't be shy to send them again and again.

Thank you EVERYONE for all of your support!!! Courtney, you spoil me more than anyone ever should! Suzie and Pete, Janet, Mom, Regan, Boyfriend, The VanBoenings, Rikki and Jeff, Hannah, Peter, and the little ones, Kocus and Chantel.....I hope I haven't forgotten anyone. Thank you all soooo much!!!! The packages, letters, post cards, pics, and everything in between are truly appreciated by me....and all the other PCV's that I get to share with!!! We all thank you!!!!! I hope to pay you back when I get home with a bunch of ridiculous tales from Lesotho, shared over rounds of drinks...that will be on my tab :) LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment