Saturday, May 1, 2010

Host Family

Thato helping w/the water pump at my house. Me, my host sister, brother, and neighbors.





My host family is wonderful! I've been telling many of you about them over the phone and emails, so now I can finally post some pictures. My little abuti (brother) is 6 years old and his name is Thato. My ausi (sister) is 10 and her name is Mohlabase (not sure on the spelling). My other abuti is 19 and his name is Nchakha. I've also got 3 other siblings who are grown and don't live at my site, but I see them often. The kids and I spend a lot of time playing in the yard, practicing English and Sesotho, and doing arts and crafts outside of my hut. I'm never too lonely with all the kids around. I could write sooo much more, but time is limited. Anyway, here are some photos.

2 comments:

  1. These are great pictures! What a great time you must be having and those kids are so lucky to have you around! Love you. Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kiddos are SO stinking cute! I'm sure they can be a handful too! ;-) Thanks for sharing pics!!!!!

    ReplyDelete